About Sandstar Communications:
Sandstar Communications is a PR, marketing and communications agency based at DOCK, Leicester’s hub for high tech low carbon and innovative businesses, next to the National Space Centre. The company is run by two directors with over 35 years’ experience in PR, communications and marketing, working in agency, in-house and freelance roles, plus three other staff members.
We’ve worked and continue to work locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to successfully promote individuals, SMEs, charities, businesses and multinational corporations across a diverse range of sectors including electronics, IT, telecommunications, healthcare, tourism, leisure, hospitality, public sector, inward investment, printing, sustainable transport, arts and culture, festivals, finance, construction, retail, and many others.
We are looking for an experienced and confident self-starter to support a range of client and business activity. Needless to say, you should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of marketing communications and business in general. Being organised is critical. You’ll see from the description of the role below that attention to detail is built into how we work.
Experience using Word is a given, being good with PowerPoint and Excel would be a bonus. It wouldn’t hurt to know your way around some graphics and video tools like Canva, but we’re not looking for a designer.
Previous agency experience would be a bonus but isn’t a deal breaker.
You may have some or all of these skills:
- Copywriting – understanding tone and style for web, social media, press releases, case studies, articles or white papers – producing content is at the heart of everything that we do
- Confident holding a conversation in person, online or on the phone to discuss a wide range of business-related subjects
- Using web content management systems such as WordPress
- Digital marketing techniques such as PPC, SEO and email marketing
- Writing strategic marketing plans and activity schedules
- Producing and delivering cross-platform social media activity
You will be working on a range of clients across a range of different market sectors. The tasks involved will include:
- Account management – day-to-day communications, preparing reports for clients (e.g. campaign results, social media, tracking)
- Copywriting – press releases, social media updates, white papers, brochures, email campaigns, blogs, articles, video scripts and other content based on your own research and material supplied by clients
- Assist in the management of client marketing campaigns including updating client websites and social media, researching publications, editorial and advertising media planning, liaising with journalists and media, monitor press clippings
- Manage translators, designers, printers, animators and other specialists who help us do amazing work for clients
- Contribute to marketing plans and strategies
You will be comfortable working individually and as part of a team. From time to time you may need to represent Sandstar at meetings, networking events or exhibitions, so you need to be comfortable in that kind of environment.
While this role is intended to be full-time, we are open to applications from candidates looking for a part-time position. The exact hours are flexible by prior agreement, however we would expect some time spent in the office each week. The job is based at DOCK, Exploration Drive, Leicester LE4 5NU and our flexible working policy means that working from home for some elements of the job is possible by prior agreement.
There will also be some client meetings to attend, in addition to the directors or as a representative of the company, which could be on video platforms or in-person.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Shreek.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Shreek.